Take everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs are spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- If you are sick, stay home for at least 24 hours after the fever is gone (Your fever should be gone for 24 hours without the use of a fever-reducing medicine).
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. After using a tissue, throw it in the trash and wash your hands in soap and water.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.
Visit the following web sources for more information on disease prevention and information you can trust.
Follow 5 steps to wash your hands the right way. Wet, lather, scrub, rinse, dry. Learn more: